Keith McGlamery founded the firm in April 2009. He practices in the areas of commercial real estate transactions and complex contractual negotiations relating to business matters other than real estate. An increasingly important aspect of Mr. McGlamery’s practice is a focus on the legal issues affecting green building projects, particularly those for which LEED® certification is sought.
Although Mr. McGlamery began law practice with smaller firms in Wisconsin and Texas, most of his experience has been as a partner in large law firms in Texas and Washington, DC, including Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. in Dallas, Jenkens & Gilchrist, a Professional Corporation in Dallas and Washington and Ballard Spahr LLP in Washington.
Clients whom Mr. McGlamery represents include developers, individual and corporate investors, real estate investment trusts, pension funds, life insurance companies, national and state banks, governmental entities and non-profit organizations.
Representative matters handled by Mr. McGlamery include:
- Led a team of over a dozen lawyers representing a REIT in the $330 million simultaneous acquisition of four office buildings, a retail shopping area, a major hotel and vacant land
- Represented municipalities in Texas in the acquisition and disposition of multiple municipal properties
- Handled all negotiations for a foreign investment group in the acquisition, financing and eventual disposition of multiple commercial real estate investments throughout the United States with a cumulative value in excess of $1 billion
- Represented REITs in the acquisition and disposition of significant hotel properties
- Represented a publicly traded company in the sale of partnership interests in entities owning multi-family properties in Puerto Rico
- Represented charter schools in Texas and DC in acquiring new school sites
- Represented a REIT in the $160 million refinancing of a portfolio of office buildings
- Negotiated and documented on behalf of an institutional lender a $100 million bridge loan for a condominium project
- Formulated a business and legal strategy on behalf of a Fortune 50 company to resolve a complex multi-million dollar dispute, led the negotiations and oversaw the preparation of documents for implementation
- Created a business model on behalf of an institutional investor for the more efficient negotiation and preparation of leases in multiple office buildings nationwide
- Prepared a form “green “ office lease for a developer of LEED Gold project
- Prepared modifications of covenants and restrictions to obtain LEED credits in a LEED for Neighborhood Development project
- Advised developer client regarding risk management in construction project for which LEED certification is sought
- Conducted real estate due diligence on behalf of large investor for acquisition of a company that owns multiple wind farms in the Midwest
Mr. McGlamery is a member of the American Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas (inactive), the District of Columbia Bar and the State Bar of Wisconsin (inactive). He is a graduate of Oklahoma State University (B.A. 1969) and the University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1975).